6.15.2008

Happy Father's Day!

July 2007
Spring 1992

8th grade graduation 1995

Maui 2000

On this Father's day I have done some reflecting on the importance of my father. It all began just 31 years ago when he married my mother in the Ogden Temple. Today in sacrament the primary children sang the song "When daddy comes home" (Not sure if that is the title). I can remember singing that song each year and being grateful for my father. As a young child I didn't quite understand how selfless parent's really are when raising children. He has always provided a safe shelter, clothes, food and all the essentials that one needs to live. He has served in many time consuming callings in the church but always kept his family highest priority. I remember that my father would travel all the time but I don't recall him ever missing my dance recitals, a swimming meet, a soccer game or any other activities I did growing up. During college I managed to get in three tiny car accidents and when I called home to tell him the expensive bad news he always asked if I was injured and was going to be ok. I also broke my thumb skiing back in 2002 and called home in tears and it didn't take him long to cheer me right back up and remind me that everything was going to be ok. He continues to inspire me to this day. I also need to pay tribute to my Grandpa Emmett who raised 5 boys to be the great men they are today. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! To Grandpa, Dad, Tom, Bill, Jake, Chad, Jim and my brother John!

No comments:

Post a Comment