Writing my personal thoughts on this blog is something I will be doing very little sharing on. I do feel it is appropriate to share my brief testimony and experience Sunday evening. As I sat down in the fireside Sunday evening I received 4 text message and the first coming from my dad. It was the news that President Hinckley has just passed away in the last hour. My heart became a little softer at that moment. The fireside began and the after the opening remarks the sister conducting turned the time over to President Emmett. Many us already knew the news he was about to share. I watched my father tear up and become emotional in sharing with the group of 500+ young adults how the beloved President of the church had passed away in the last hour at home. His family members and close friends were with him. At that moment I was so grateful for my father and his example and testimony of a living Prophet here on earth. For the last 12 years I have tried to soak in and follow the Prophets council. I truly know that he was a man called of God to lead and guide us through many world events and natural disasters. He always encouraged members to stand a little taller, be a little better, a littler kinder, a little more generous, a little more courteous, a little more thoughtful, a little more outreaching to others. I have been blessed to be in his presences a few times in the last 12 years. While attending college I made it into a few conference sessions and other events in the conference center. Most recently being able to attend the Newport Beach Temple Dedication and him waving hello into the room I was sitting. My love for the temple and testimony is strengthen each time I attend. I am grateful for my membership in the church and my testimony that God lives and that he sent his son to live and die for me so I can return to my Father in Heaven. Funeral Services will be on Saturday February 2, 10:00 am broadcast in most church buildings and KBYU TV.
1.30.2008
A loved Prophet
Writing my personal thoughts on this blog is something I will be doing very little sharing on. I do feel it is appropriate to share my brief testimony and experience Sunday evening. As I sat down in the fireside Sunday evening I received 4 text message and the first coming from my dad. It was the news that President Hinckley has just passed away in the last hour. My heart became a little softer at that moment. The fireside began and the after the opening remarks the sister conducting turned the time over to President Emmett. Many us already knew the news he was about to share. I watched my father tear up and become emotional in sharing with the group of 500+ young adults how the beloved President of the church had passed away in the last hour at home. His family members and close friends were with him. At that moment I was so grateful for my father and his example and testimony of a living Prophet here on earth. For the last 12 years I have tried to soak in and follow the Prophets council. I truly know that he was a man called of God to lead and guide us through many world events and natural disasters. He always encouraged members to stand a little taller, be a little better, a littler kinder, a little more generous, a little more courteous, a little more thoughtful, a little more outreaching to others. I have been blessed to be in his presences a few times in the last 12 years. While attending college I made it into a few conference sessions and other events in the conference center. Most recently being able to attend the Newport Beach Temple Dedication and him waving hello into the room I was sitting. My love for the temple and testimony is strengthen each time I attend. I am grateful for my membership in the church and my testimony that God lives and that he sent his son to live and die for me so I can return to my Father in Heaven. Funeral Services will be on Saturday February 2, 10:00 am broadcast in most church buildings and KBYU TV.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment