10.30.2008

A short story

Hello Friends~

I have never been a fan of writing or sharing anything too personal but this week has brought about many wonderful experiences I don't believe I would have had with out this special Proposition on the ballot. My job at Irvine Valley College as the Student Development Assistant has me working closely with the students in Government and Clubs. First this week I had a student approach me during my lunch break who is part of the club (KCCC) Korea Campus Crusade for Christ. He wanted to teach me about God and had a nice little pamphlet to go through with me. He didn't get very far because I jumped in to let him know about my Father in Heaven and the Savior Jesus Christ. It didn't take me long to bare my simple testimony and add in the importance of Prop 8. He had no clue what it was about and thought about voting no. I am so grateful for my Savior and the Love my Heavenly Father has for me. Today during a stressful Halloween Event I had the opportunity to meet a student who was handing out NO on 8 fliers recruiting for their demonstration tonight at 5:00 on Alton and Culver. I was folding my table covers and asked him to tell me why he would be voting NO. I added I wasn't here to argue or start anything but wanted to see why he was following a NO campaign. I could sense a huge hesitation on his end and he wasn't sure what to tell me. He gave the usual answer about being equal and the judges making the law fair and everything else we have heard. I explained all the reasons why YES is important to me and just added a simple short testimony. I let him know I respected his decision and that this country gives us freedom to vote. To all my friends and family if there is anything I know without a doubt that we have a Father in Heaven who LOVES all his children and sent his son Jesus Christ to atone for our sins so that we may return to him. As the holidays approach and life continues to stay busy for many of you I want to add that I am grateful for your friendship and examples everyday for making a difference and living gospel centered life's.

No comments:

Post a Comment