With my parents off playing in Paris and London this week I have been left to fend for myself. I am a very capable 26 year old (just two weeks from 27) doing great alone. Staying alone for a night or two is cake but when the house makes noises you've never heard can become a little weary and nerve racking. I am a tough girl and the house is standing and all taken care of. I manged to leave my camera packed away this weekend as I threw yet another party. The theme this time was in celebration of National Grilled Cheese Month. I set out three grills and the bread and cheese and let everyone enjoy making their own sandwiches. It was a great turn out with the usual ratios 2 to 1 guys for every girl around 50ish in attendance. The jokes began to fly that evening wondering where all the females were. It may seem like a dream come true but there is nothing worse then guys complaining and not hanging around very long. I seem to say after every party that it was my last one but really I don't know when my last party will be. It does get old cleaning the house and hoping I have come close to my mothers expectations on tidiness and cleanest. It was one evening that I was able to provide a wholesome activity where people could mingle and enjoy being social.
The reason for this blog title is I am ready for a life style change and am working on doing the small things in hope my faith and determination will carry me onto bigger things. I am 9 weeks away from attending my younger brothers wedding in Portland. Out of sher motivation to look great and feel amazing I decided April 1st that my diet coke drinking was going to be cut down and out one day. Just 17 days in and normally I would have had 18 Diet Cokes by now. I have only had 5. If there is any one up to do a biggest looser with me and see how much weight we can loose in the next 10 weeks I have got $20 bucks to throw in a pot for the winner. For anyone that really reads this please offer any suggestions or ways to change the thought process and find a way to make changes in life. What have you been trying to cut back on and have not been able to do? I have always had determination and done really well when I set out to accomplish whatever is set in front but this time I have not found it so easy. Here is to you being great in 2008!
No comments:
Post a Comment