4.10.2008

Sunday March 30th New York City

Sunday morning we got up early and packed to spend the last few hours sightseeing. We headed off to the Subway to catch the train down to Ground Zero. This was my first trip since 9/11 and I was anxious to see where the Twin Towers once stood. We located a tiny deli and got some hot chocolate and began the walk around ground zero. I can't even began to explain the feelings felt that morning and being able to remember my day back on 9/11/01 as a junior in college at Utah State. This was a very peaceful hour reflecting life and how quickly it all changes. I am so blessed and grateful for my life with a family and amazing friends. We jumped back on the Subway headed up to Canal Street to find a great buy on some knock off hand bags. I found a Couch and D & B bag. Aubrey picked out a Couch and Prada bag. We had to follow a lady down a few streets and up a long staircase in an old building to a room filled with bags. It was off to meet up with Jackie, Mark and Steve for brunch. We ate at Devin Tavern and enjoyed the tasty food and cozy warm atmosphere. We were dropped back off at the hotel to pick our bags and off to catch the trains to JFK. The flight home was pretty uneventful sleeping, reading my book and listened to music on the ipod. We had a layover in Atlanta and grabbed food and met the baseball team from Boston College. I will never forget this weekend and the lessons and friendships developed in just a few short hours.








No comments:

Post a Comment