After hearing word last Thursday night of my grandmother Smith becoming ill and hospitalized I hung around home waiting to hear what the news would be from doctors. Once I knew that her health was only going to get worse I decided to take a last minute trip to Utah. I flew up Sunday afternoon and spent that evening in Logan visiting with my grandmother and family. I spent a few hours on Monday and Tuesday with her before flying out Tuesday evening. My short trip included eating at my two favorite places in Logan. Cafe Rio once and the Italian Place twice. I did a morning run on Monday and Tuesday I had a difficult time trying to run the stairs at Utah State. The altitude was harder to breath in then I remembered.
So for not being much of a writer and one who doesn't feel the need to write about very many private personal things on here I will keep this short and sweet. I am close to losing my grandmother. Her humor and selfless attitude surrounded me with so much LOVE in my life. I was blessed to have her so close during my college days at Utah State University. She was my saving grace and my chance to escape for a few hours from school work and friends. Her home was much needed to hide away in the dark basement for much needed sleep when studying and roommates made for many late nights in college. Tonight we discussed at institute charity and learning how to LOVE like Christ. My grandmother has so much love for her 6 children, 16 grandchildren, and the 18 great grandchildren. I am so blessed to have her in my life and grateful for the memories made in her home.
No comments:
Post a Comment