"I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true . . . . I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation
~Joseph Smith
~History Information~
April 6, 1830
Fayette, New York. Joseph Smith officially organized the Church of Jesus Christ in Peter Whitmer Sr.'s home. In conjunction with the official organization, he received D&C 20, a revelation about the Church's organization and government, and D&C 21, a revelation concerning his calling as prophet, seer, and the first elder of the Church.
No comments:
Post a Comment